New Puppy

A need wide open
You feel the hole in our hearts
Fill it your own way

—-

We lost our boxer, Elliot, in mid-winter.  This will come as no surprise since many of you visited my photo memorial for Elliot.  What I never posted was that two months later, in the very early Spring, we lost our Shih-Tzu.  We knew Sushi (we didn’t name her) had heart issues but weren’t too worried. So, we started the year with two dogs only to arrive at the start to the second quarter with no dogs.  Since we have furry children, not human ones, our pets are special.  I was closer to Elliot than to most humans with the exception of my very closest family.  So something has been missing.

Sushi's last photo

Sushi’s last photo

This Friday we will pick up our new puppy, Fiyero Hoffman McDonald (my wife named him).  We’ve visited him a few times.  Last week we spent a little time with the six and a half week old puppy.  We must’ve been dirty because he insisted on washing our face with his tongue.  He was also super curious about my camera and seemed to think he should be able to play with it.

Fiyero has awfully big paws to fill, but we expect him to do it in his own way and show his own personality (caninality?).

Fiyero

Wet nose and warm heart
A future with this new life
How will this pup grow?

Fiyero

14 thoughts on “New Puppy

1. purplepeninportland

So glad to see you are a dog person. Such a cute new addition!
    We have two rescues, one that we brought from New York when we moved. Even the vet doesn’t know what mix she is, but what a loving animal. The other is a dachshund, who is quite the character. They complete my life.

Dogs are great and they do add so much. Fiyero is sitting at my feet now as I type. We’ve had rescue cats and they seem to show their appreciation more. I’m sure the same is true with dogs. I think they remember their past life and are thankful to be in a kind, loving environment and show it.

2. Pingback: Fiyero on Aug 8 | Trent's World (the Blog)

3. sonyaliraphotography

How is the puppy doing and do you have any new pictures? Daisy is very active that is for sure. I tried to convince Jack that we needed another boxer to entertain her he did not fall for that one and commented that 1 boxer was enough. Our older dog does not play with Daisy at all I really do not blame her after all shes is 15 years old. I thought another boxer would be a good idea even a rescue boxer.

We brought Fiyero home Friday evening. He was a little more clingy and timid than we expected. The cats stared and growled and it scared him. Fast forward 3 days. He does not stop. If he finds something he can’t do he keeps trying until he is able. He chases the cats. All signs of being timid have disappeared….

I have a lot of pictures but I haven’t had time to look at them yet. I’m going to be away for a week 9my wife will be in charge of Fiyero) so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go through them.. By then I may have a growth sequence.

My wife has been talking about a second boxer. It might happen….

4. M-R

Hmm. Well, it seems obvious that he’s going to have a dreadful life – starved, beaten and rejected from morning to night. I’m going to have to keep an eye on you guys in case I need to report your treatment of him to the animal welfare people.
    Poor little bugger: he’s going to be hugged and cuddled mercilessly ! :-D As he should be, of course …

Yep, neglected and abused… I’m sure if we don’t pay attention 24 x 7 he’ll give us the sad eyes that say he’s being neglected and abused. Funny how they learn to do that. I think spoiled rotten will be closer to the truth.

5. lexajoann

Fiyero will fill your heart in a different way! I know exactly what u mean, my boxer is like my best friend. I never thought I could be so close to a dog! Enjoy your new fur baby! Super adorable! 😍

Hi LexaJoann! We’re really looking forward to having Fiyero join our family. Yes, we look at them as Furry children. Boxers have so much personality and are so expressive. I guess having a blog devoted to your furry babies you already know that. Thanks for the comments!

Thanks Sonya! I know you’re a boxer person. We’ll see if Fiyero is as athletic as your puppy. Be sure there will be plenty of photos to come.

7. sonyaliraphotography

Beautiful Puppy! I am so excited for you both. I am so sorry that y’all lost Sushi. Sometimes if two dogs have been together a long time the one misses the other so much they go pretty soon afterwards. I can not wait to see the pictures you come up with for this little one.

8. forgottenmeadows

I think Sushi and Elliot would be greeting Fiyero with their tails wagging if they were still there, i am sure they are doing just that wherever they may be …Your pup is adorable!

Elliot would definitely be the first to wag his tail. Sushi was a little more dominate/territorial, but she’d warm up. I know you like shih-tzus, and we loved Sushi, but we are really looking forward to another boxer. Thanks for your comments!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )