If We Were Having Coffee on the 20th of June, 2018

Coffee in NH with Moog

Welcome and Come on in!  Actually, let’s sit outside.  It is warm, even though only 8 AM, and the house is stuffy.  I can get you a nice mug of very strong French Roast, a cuppa tea or a cold beverage if you prefer (remember, it is 8 AM, so nothing carbonated or alcoholic).  Yeah, my computer is in the hottest, stuffiest room in the house, so I am sitting here in shorts only and still just borderline comfortable.  Ugh, I hate hot weather, which is why I live in New Hampshire and not Texas!  And if you didn’t recognize the photo, I just gave it away that I am in new Hampshire this weekend.

You may have noticed that I missed the coffee share last weekend.  I spent several days in Ohio visiting family and friends.  It was a very nice get away.  It was quite and actually a little warm there as well.  We didn’t really do a whole lot that was exciting, but it is always nice to visit.  I may do an Ohio post later, but, as i said, it is one of those things that it is nice to visit, but there’s not a lot to say.

Traveling on the way home was a bit of a nightmare, but I survived.  And the flights were actually nice and smooth.

I returned to a lot of work.  Actually, I only returned to a normal amount, but the week quickly became over-busy. Hopefully next week is a little more sane.

I’ve been getting back into my exercise routine.  So that is good.  I now need to get back into the house/yard work routine.  After I finish this I will go out and mow before it gets too hot.

I need to start working on The Halley Branch again!  I have recieved a little feedback from my beta-readers and so need to do the next draft, which is only a little tweaking.  And then comes editing and proof reading.  And then more proof reading and more editing followed by more proof reading – I don’t want someone to tell my two months after I publish it that there are one or two typos on every page the way there were on The Fireborn…

Well, that’s about it.  I am going to sign off and go out and mow.  I also want to enjoy the day, perhaps go to some nice woods for a long walk.  Something other than sit in front of the computer in the hottest, most uncomfortable room in the house!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you have a coffee share i will try to stop by latter to see what you are up to.

The original Coffee Share kind of died out, but it has been revived!  Eclectic Alli is hosting a coffee share.  This week’s share is here. and the link up is here. Come on and join in!  Hopefully we can bring it back to its former glory :)

31 thoughts on “If We Were Having Coffee on the 20th of June, 2018

1. Charlotte Hoather

My student room has safety catches on the windows, they only open 10cm, no air conditioning and London gets hot! But it can change in the middle of the night to chilly. Glad to hear you’re making time for your fitness regime.

That sounds pretty uncomfortable, a place made for winter. I don’t mind when it is cold at night – I sleep much better than when it is hot. Hope you are doing well now that BambinOs “world tour” is over ;)

2. Marilyn Armstrong

We’ve been lucky it’s been so cool here, especially at night. I’ve only needed air-conditioning twice — and just in the bedroom. Also, from a relatively open summer, ours has gotten crazy busy with Garry’s upcoming surgery and fixing the house. I think I worked less hard when I was working.

We had four days of super humid weather with two nights were it didn’t fall below 70, one not below 75. Being in NH, we don’t have AC. My house was over 85 and my computer room in the upper 90s. I do have a window AC for my office, but then when it turned cooler yesterday, that room would be stuffy and I would have had to turn it on. Even if it is 50 out, once I plug that window, the AC has to run 24 by 7. I hope to have it only in July and August. But, as i said, it cooled off Saturday night and has been great here, even if rainy today.

3. NorCal Zen

Thanks for the coffee! It was perfect, as always. Just what I needed.
    I’m happy to hear you had a good time in Ohio. I thought to myself that you were pretty busy blogging while traveling :) Even though we missed you at the coffee share.

What temperatures are we talking about, when you think it’s too warm? Just curious :) I think humidity is worse than heat, but that said, I don’t see myself living where I do forever. I’m thinking that I’d like to put my roots down where it never gets hotter than 85, at the most. I am grateful for the time in this beautiful place though. It’s the perfect place to learn more about gardening. My goal is to be as self sufficient as possible, with a small homestead that produces the majority of the food we eat. I think it’s totally doable.

I hope you’re having an awesome weekend!

Maria

When I was in Ohio it was in the 90s and very high humidity. When I complained about the heat here, it was only in the low 80s, but it was 100% humidity and it didn’t get below 75 two nights in a row. At the peak, it was 85 upstairs in my house, and about 95 in my computer room….

The low to mid 80s are fine if the humidity is low (but not desert low!) and there are cool nights. Perfect is 55 at night and 72 during the day. Today was much cooler (70 lower humility) than Saturday (it was 85 but 100% humidity) so very comfortable to me.

I think it is a great goal to grow most of what you eat.

Have a great week!

1. NorCal Zen

The humidity can really be a game changer. I spent a month in Tennessee a couple summers ago. The humidity was awful. I didn’t know where to go. I could never live like that. I like when it gets cooler at night. It doesn’t get cool enough at night here. I like the desert nights though, makes up for the hot days :) Right now I live in a valley. The house has shade 24/7, so it doesn’t get super hot, but I do use the AC to keep it a little cooler inside. I’m not very productive if t’s over 75 in the house.

Enjoy the new week :)

Typically here (new Hampshire) we have cool nights so the heat isn’t as bad. With this latest it was humid and didn’t cool down, so…

I have relatives in southern Tennessee and can relate – it’s too warm for me! I’ve always said I don’t function as well in the heat and in the last week I saw that I’m not alone. A team did research on test scores correlated with temperature and discovered that scores dropped as temperatures went up.

Have a good week :)

1. NorCal Zen

I believe that research. If you think about it, most countries with a bigger number of people having a higher education, they are usually don’t have high temperatures all year round. I think it’s very possible that it has a connection. When I first moved to northern California, I lived in a small town. It was a very hot small town. With high temperatures year round. Less than 4% of the population had more than high school education.

And if you are poor in a hot area and so can’t afford air conditioning, your scores will be lower than the rich kids who live in comfort. Maybe part of the problem with multi-generational poverty in some areas.

4. Corina

I hope you got to enjoy your Saturday, even though it sounds like it was an uncomfortable one. We’re in the 60s here so comfortable!

It’s always nice to visit home. Even though it’s not your current home, I find that wherever my mom is, it’s home, even if I never lived there. Strange but true.

Today was much more comfortable. it reached about 70 and the humidity was far less. I had a huge amount of work to do, but that was fine.

It is still “home” in many ways. The area is very different from where I live, the atmosphere different. Al of that being said, I’m glad I am were I am.

I can understand that “home is where mom is”. Maybe in ways that is where the heart is as well.

Have a great week!

Beyond that unfortunately a lot went wrong this week so I was on troubleshooting calls for hours at a time… Thanks. i hope you have a good week as well.

5. Pingback: CONVERSATE: Quote and Photo 3-Day Challenge – priorhouse blog

6. prior..

Hi T – french roast for me – all the way
    why was the travel a nightmare if flights smooth and all? Was it the storms and rain causing backups?

and yes – east coast much better than Texas – cheers to that.

A French Roast coming up…. Delayed flights and such – I arrived at the CLE airport at 10 AM and didn’t get to MHT (only about 500 miles) until after 10 PM. Too much time sitting in airports!

1. prior..

that is terrible and sounds like you have a good attitude.
        and so unexpected to travel now and have the weather – I mean – when we travel for the holidays or anytime in winter we expect stuff – but this was unusual – and glad you made it back safe

Thanks. It was hard to exercise consistently through the winter, so it feels good to get back into the routine. I was only able to do short, hot walks with the dogs yesterday, but I will get out today! Hope your weekend is going well!

In July I will put a window air conditioner in my office. I telecommute so it has to be comfortable. For this little warm spell, I’m just toughing it out – it is going to get cooler next week, and with a unit in the window, I either have to run it (which I hate to do if not needed) or it is too stuffy.

7. SHL2

Texas is pretty hot that I will admit. Yesterday for some odd reason I waited until 2:00 p.m. to mow two acres. I did not overheat but it sure was hot.

Liked by 2 people

I lived in the Dallas area for a few months. Just a little warm for my blood… Don’t need to go down to the Houston area. Of course, after saying all of that, I shouldn’t complain when it is 20 below and we have 5 feet of snow on the ground ;)

8. Writing Sparkle

I am jealous of your warm weather. We had it here for a bit but then it turned cool and I even had to make the kids wear pants. Regardless, the weather has been more encouraging for exercise routines then the long snow filled months were. Getting out running, walking and biking has been great. Nice post, thanks for sharing.

Liked by 2 people

It is nice to be able to get out and move around again. Actually, for hiking, biking, running, kayaking, etc., I would rather see 65 than 85 any day! And 0% humidity rather than 100%! It was in the mid 90s and 99% humidity two of the days I was in Ohio. It has been “cooler” here, but it still feels warm because of the humidity.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )