If We Were Having Coffee on the 9th of June, 2018

Hello and Welcome!  Come on in and I’ll get you a large mug of a very strong French Roast, a cuppa tea or other beverage.  Actually, it is now after lunch and warm (not hot), so how about something cool and we’ll go sit out back or perhaps walk to the landing (about 100 yards/meters away)?  It is a beautiful day.  Some clouds have recently moved in,but it is partially sunny.  As I said, pleasant warm, but not hot.  And were are we?  Some of you may recognize that stack of Beatles mugs as being on Cape Cod.

The important thing this week is that I drove down here Wednesday night and worked fom here on Thursday and Friday.  Thursday was a long work day, but Friday was short.  Both days were beautiful.  Thursday was a little cool, but I loved it.  I was able to kayak on Friday and I did a long walk in the woods.  I got up early today, did a long walk on the beach, mowed my lawn (first time this year,so it was almost knee deep!), ran 4 miles, took and outside shower (one reason I love The Cape), ate lunch and read.  When I finish this post I will kayak for a couple of hours and then take a long walk in the woods.  Yeah, I enjoy it here ;)

This was a super busy work week (again).  Partially because of this, I did very little blogging, only posting twice.

I started what I hope is my final edit of The Halley Branch.  I want to release it in July.  One thing, I did so many posts to try create interest in The Fireborn.  I drew pictures, made a music video, did a lot of posts.  I haven’t been doing that enough for The Halley Branch.  yesterday I finally posted a character sketch.  I wrote a second one, which I’ll post next week.  I may try doing some drawings later.

The sun and water are calling.  I am going to get up and go paddling.

Thanks for stopping by!  It was nice chatting, as usual.  If you have a coffee share i will try to stop by for a visit.

The original Coffee Share kind of died out, but it has been revived!  Eclectic Alli is hosting a coffee share.  This week’s share is here. and the link up is here. Come on and join in!  Hopefully we can bring it back to its former glory :)

33 thoughts on “If We Were Having Coffee on the 9th of June, 2018

1. Connie T

I will have my cup of coffee in a to go cup because I am going to crawl in the kayak too. Well on second thought I will wave as you paddle off. It is a little too cold for me. That breese blowing off the water is kind of cool. Have a great kayak trip. I will crawl back into my computer, tee, heee.

2. Miriam Hurdle

Twitter brought me to your post. That’s great. My WP is strange in many ways. We went to Cape Cod many years ago. We arrived in Boston. Our hotel overhanging the river which was frozen. Then went to Cape Cod, It rained cats and dogs. All the vacation houses were not in operation. I figured that the winter weather in that area. We then drove north to Maine and back to Boston.
    From your post, the weather right now is much more pleasant than the time we went.

The weather was great…. Cape Cod in winter can be frightful, but then, on the bright side, there are no crowds of tourists ;) The problem is that it sticks out into the ocean and during the winter (and spring) big storms often roll up the coast clobbering The Cape. But, also because it sticks out into the ocean, it is typically 10 or 20 degrees warmer during the winter than it is inland. I live in New Hampshire, and so sometimes getting out of the snow for a couple of days is a great escape, even when it is raining cats and dogs.

1. Miriam Hurdle

I didn’t mind the rain when we were there. I came from Hong Kong 41 years ago to Portland, Oregon (I know, Portland!). I’m in southern CA right now and just 30 minutes to the beaches. Both Portland and Hong Kong rain about 6 months a years. My daughter and family is in Portland, They go in and out of rain without even a hood.

3. dawnkinster

I’m glad you were there for a few days. It’s an amazing place, Cape Cod, though I’ve only been a couple of times I love it there. I’m at the lake in Alabama now. Another bit of water that I love. Like you I’ve done a bit of paddling and hope to do more. Nothing so relaxing as a paddle or a walk in the woods.

“Nothing so relaxing as a paddle or a walk in the woods.” I agree. Even when I’m working up a sweat, it is so much more relaxing than doing nothing. It was a great weekend on Cape Cod. I’m looking forward to my little vacation there at the end of the month. I hope you are enjoying your time in Alabama!

4. Terri Webster Schrandt

How wonderful to hang out at your favorite place, working and playing, Trent! This date is my mom’s 78th birthday, and since I live 600 miles away, I can only wish her a happy birthday over the phone. She’s been in a nursing home for 8 years now, and when I visit I show her pictures of Yosemite where we all used to camp, as well as our trailer/summer campsite on the Sacramento River Delta. I’m sure she misses camping, fishing and hiking. Have a great week and thanks for the coffee 😊

Liked by 2 people

It is a great place and I’m lucky that I can work from thier – it allows me much more time to visit!

Happy birthday to your mom. I am lucky that both of my parents are independent and relatively healthy n the their 80s. The come visit us in our little cottage on Cape Cod once a year, though, coincidentally enough, they are 600 from me and I usually miss their birthdays except by phone.

Have a great week!

5. Antoinette Truglio Martin

This looks like a beautiful place to write and be so productive. I do my best work at the beach. The sea brings a grounding so the stories can take shape. Alas, no more beach house. Finding my new muse place is a long task.

Liked by 3 people

It is a great place to clear my head. I’m the type of person that I can’t sit on the beach for long, I have to be moving, but I do love being on or near the water. I hope you can find a new place o act as a muse.

6. Sandra Conner

I’m so jealous. For years I’ve said I want to live in the Smoky mountains for 9 months out of tthe year and then in New England for the three months of summer. I’ve been both places, and often go back to the Smokies, but I just can’t seem to make anything work out to manage to live either place. My work and ministry seem to keep me stuck here in Illinois.

The Smoky Mountains are great, though for the most part I am content with the part of the Appalachians up here in New Hampshire. There is something about Cape Cod, though, that, in my opinion, is hard to beat. I grew up in Ohio near Lake Erie and spent some time in Illinois (my dad grew up in Southern IL and I have relatives in the Chicago area), so I know a little about flatland ;)

1. ~M

I’ve always wanted to live somewhere close to mountains, forests, and ocean all at once. Most of my growing up years did, but it’s been a very long time.

Me too, I’d love to be close to both mountains and ocean. I grew up in the flat lands and far from the ocean, but close to a very large body of water – I grew up in Ohio on the shore of Lake Erie. There are parts of new Hampshire and Maine that are in the woods and close to both mountains and the ocean, but there is something about Cape Cod that I love. Oh well, when I am here full time I can always take road trips to the mountains.

Liked by 2 people

1. ~M

I grew up in Santa Barbara, Ca. A gorgeous place, which gave me my love for both the mountains and the ocean. But it was too expensive to stay there and raise my own family. The cost of living there is outrageous. So I am far from the ocean now, being in Wisconsin . The one place I keep saying I want to visit next is Maine, so maybe in the near future I’ll get there. 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )