If We Were Having Coffee on the 11th of August, 2018

Hello and Welcome!  Come on in and I’ll get you a nice strong Sumatra Roast, a cuppa tea or other beverage.  Actually it is past noon (barely) so the beverage selection might be a little bigger.  It is warmish but no place close to hot out there.  It is humid, but not “step outside I am immediately drenched” as it has been most of the week.  And where are we?  Some of you may recognize the photo at the top as being on Cape Cod.

This was the Week from Hell at work.  OK, I have had worse, so maybe it was just the Week from a very strong Heck instead.  I worked 11 hours on Monday….

The good thing about long days is that since I can’t get overtime, I can take time off elsewhere.  Friday was a gorgeous day and I was out by 1.  I spent all afternoon swimming.  The ocean was smooth and the water warm.  I literally stayed out for well over an hour, never coming in to where it was not over my head.  I swam, floated (salt water), and just hung out.  It’s been ages since I’ve done anything like that.

There was also walking in the woods, playing with the dogs and such.  they, of course, got to swim and on the the walking paths on a river.  I took a long walk on the beach this morning.  So typical Cape stuff.

You may have noticed that I have not been blogging much this week.  i did not have a post Thursday or Friday and have read a half a dozen posts at the most in the last three days.  When I’m not working, I do not want to be at the computer!  I did a little editing earlier in the week, btu that went by the wayside as well.

Anyway, it is an odd day out there.  I’ve been out a lot and hope to be more, but it feels like it will rain soon.  Not sure.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great week!  If you have a coffee share, I’ll try to stop by, but no guarantees – I still not in a blogging mood.

The original Coffee Share kind of died out, but it has been revived!  Eclectic Alli is hosting a coffee share.  This week’s share is here. and the link up is here. Come on and join in!  Hopefully we can bring it back to its former glory!

27 thoughts on “If We Were Having Coffee on the 11th of August, 2018

1. Charlotte Hoather

Sounds wonderful, I had a bit of an online break detox over summer too, not very good wifi in Cornwall and too busy with rehearsals in Oxford. Just sitting in the airport, plane delayed by an hour and I had to be here two hours before even for a domestic flight.

Sitting in airports is never fun, and delayed flights are the worst…. I can understand how rehearsals can get in the way of blogging! Living live is so much more important than the computer anyway :) I am gently getting back into blogging – You may have notice I haven’t posted anything in a while, but I’ve started to read some of my favorites over the last day or so.

2. ~M

Sounds like me. I haven’t been much in the blogging mood either. It’s just so nice to be outside most days. Too nice to be inside on the computer. Take care Trent, and enjoy the warm weather while you can, winter will be here again before you know it. 😉

3. Marilyn Armstrong

I remember days like that in Israel. The Mediterranean was just slightly cooler than body temperature and where we were, there was almost no tide. It was GREAT. I also got a sunburn that kept me cloaked for a month and my hair fried and I had to cut most of it off. It was literally fried. Hard to believe how strong the sun is at that latitude, but oh MAN that was fun. Almost worth losing my hair and most of my skin :-D

4. Elizabeth

I’m a little jealous of your seemingly gorgeous weather and the ability to just hop into the ocean for a swim! The weather here is either ridiculously hot or unbearably muggy. Sometimes both! It’s been raining quite a bit here. Earlier, during my Twitter chat, I was worried about the sudden freak lightning storm knocking out the power again! Anyway, enjoy your great weather and relaxing beach time. I’ll live vicariously through you. ;)

Actually, it has been a hot and wet summer here too, but I’ve lucked out and have been able to have free time during our non-rainy days. I don’t like hot and muggy, but I can still do stuff in it, particularly if it has to do with a mountaintop or a beach ;)

Assuming you have a coffee share I’ll be by later today to see how your first week back went. It’s not fun when there is an outage and everyone points at you, even if the root cause was somewhere else….

Have a good week ahead.

5. NorCal Zen

Sounds like a great week! We need to take care of ourselves and indulge in non committing activities like floating in the water. I might do that myself. I almost did last night…but its kind of weird to be in the pool with a face mask (for the smoke..) Enjoy your weekend!

The work week wasn’t good, but the weekend, starting at noon on Friday, has been great. I hope the fires die down soon – yes, doing things like sitting in a pool with a face mask does seem a little odd. I also hope that you are able to get out and enjoy some of your favorite places around there before you move.

1. NorCal Zen

I’m glad your weekend was great :) I didn’t do the face-mask and the pool thing, it was tempting to jump i the pool though. I won’t be able to see most of favorite places before leaving, either because of active fire, or smoke. Do you remember the mountain range I hiked a lot last fall/winter/spring, near Heart Lake, you could see Mt.Shasta in the background in most of the photos? The fire is currently burning at more than 200 000 acres and are very close to that trail head. Nothing is going to look the same after this fire. In a way I am glad that I don;t have to experience the aftermath. Being here at the time of the fire was and enough. People in general are in unexpectedly good spirits. In some cases I worry for their safety, as I think it sometimes border to dangerous to not keep oneself posted about where the fire is currently burning. People are starting to get too used to it. Just my thoughts..

I have been off line for over a week, so just seeing this… Sorry you can’t see some of those gorgeous places. I hope you can make it back up on occasion – those trails near Mt. Shasta look too beautiful to miss.

6. Lizl

I’m on a low-key schedule, myself, the other of us having headed out for a five-day weekend of camping with the ham radio guys. The swimming sounds marvelous. I miss that from when I was a kid. We’ve got smoke, here, and so me and the dogs are holed up for the duration. I hope your outdoor activity isn’t curtailed by rain! Have fun!

I hope you are enjoying the low key weekend. The swimming was nice. I usually just jump in, swim for a few minutes, dry off and leave, so it was nice to be more leisurely about it. It seems like there are too many fires around – I’ll try to send you some rain to take care of the smoke ;) have a great week!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )