If We Were Having Coffee on the 8th of June, 2019

Hello and Welcome!  Come on in and I’ll get you a nice strong Dark Roast, a cuppa tea or other beverage.  We need to have it outside, because it is so gorgeous out!  But I don’t have anyplace to sit yet.  Maybe we can put it in travel mugs and walk to one of the two nearby landings and sit on a bench and watch the water.  And where are we?  Some of you may recognize the new-ish photo as being at the new-ish place on Cape Cod.

So the big news this week is that I consider myself moved from the cottage to the house.  Now one thing to be aware of – some day will will live here full time, but for now my permanent residence is still in New Hampshire.  If you read this blog, or at least the coffee share, you know that I do spend a lot of time on Cape Cod, even during the winter, and with a real house here, I may spend more time, just not full time for a while yet.  Five years?  Maybe…

Back to the story – I worked out of the cottage on Thursday.  After work I turned off the modem, packed it up and turned it on here.  It took 10 or 15 minutes, but it came up!  My Internet connection is now at the new place.

I also mowed the lawn for the first time.  Although much of it is fine, there were places that grass and/or weeds were up to my waist!  It is funny, after I mowed I had several neighbors stop and say “hi”.  I guess they knew that I was really here when I tackled the jungle while before I might have just been visiting….

I still had dinner at the old place and still need to clean.  I’ll go there later and do yard work.  I did see some turkey the other evening.

And Swan Pond will be missed!  It is only three miles away, so I guess I can go over to watch the sunset.  And besides, the Bass River is close – My back yard almost reaches it (Can’t see because of the trees) and there are two landings within a five minute walk.

Anyway, it is going to be a very busy day!  UI have a ton of work to do and I hope to get out for some non-work time, like a walk on the beach or in the woods.  Maybe a paddle.

Yeah, a lot of other things, like a busy week at work and a great walk in the New Hampshire woods (see my Weekly Smile), but the new house is all important ;)

So, that being said, I need to be headed out.  Thanks for stopping by!  If you have a coffee share, I’ll try to stop by, but it might not be until late Sunday or Monday!  Have a great weekend :)

The original Coffee Share kind of died out, but it has been revived!  Eclectic Alli is hosting a coffee share.  This week’s share is here. and the link up is here.

49 thoughts on “If We Were Having Coffee on the 8th of June, 2019

1. Master of Something Yet

Oh, let’s definitely take our coffees and go and sit on one of the landings and watch the water. One of my favourite activities. Although, are we having campfire coffee again? Maybe I’ll just have tea…. Although, do you use real tea or teabags? Maybe I’ll just have a glass of water….

Wishing you well settling into the house, Trent. Even part time.

Liked by 2 people

Sitting by the landing is great. I do use real tea, not tea bags. Even imported from England if you want. Not campfire coffee this time, but still super strong fresh percked… When I brought the Internet box over I also brought the peculator ;) It’s not home without it….

Hope you are doing well.

2. mvwillis

Congrats on your move! It’s always a bit challenging getting settled, but I trust you’ll fall in in no time flat :-)

Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Liked by 2 people

3. Karen

You achieved quite a bit, Trent: Moving from the cottage to the house, neighbours ‘accepting’ you, the five-year-plan… Your photos are wonderful and inspiring.

Here’s to a wonderful life in New England – even if it is not permanent yet.

Liked by 2 people

4. Corina

It used to be that people were home were their hat was hanging. Now it’s where their internet connecting is!

What a feeling of accomplishment you must have, having completed the move!

Liked by 2 people

Did you see my weekly smile 2 weeks ago? (Actually, you may have seen the photo on FaceBook or Instagram). I do have my hanging of the hat photo ;) https://trentsworldblog.wordpress.com/2019/05/27/the-weekly-smile-5-27-2019-weeklysmile/#more-17397

It has been a lot of work and it’s nice to be almost settled in there. It is already home :)

I hope you are doing well. i see some of the photos you post, but haven’t seen you around in a while.

5. notestowomen

Nice photos, Trent. I laughed out loud when I read “I did see some turkey the other evening” and then I saw the photo of the turkey strutting about with not a care in the world. Congratulations on your new home.

Liked by 2 people

Those turkey are as bold as anything – but then, there are huge, so I guess they don’t have a lot to worry about…. My dogs think otherwise and want to give the turkey something to worry about, but I don’t know what they would do if they actually came eye to eye with one. Thanks!

1. notestowomen

Yes, it’s amazing how some birds and animals are bold and don’t seem too worried about people. It would be interesting to see how your dogs fare if they were to come face to face with a turkey :) You’re welcome.

All of that said, I do try to stay out of their sight and make slow movements – You never know if they are going to spook are just ignore you ( big flocks tend to be closer to ignore – safety in numbers, I guess).

6. Marilyn Armstrong

It sounds lovely. The furniture will get there. One day you don’t have any and a week later, you have too much. I have always been fond of Previously Famly Owned Furniture. It creates a delightful “eclectic” look, though hopefully at least the colors relate to each other.

Liked by 2 people

Time does go too quick – I can’t believe we have been in the cottage for six years! Most of our furnishing comes from Craig’s List. I can be very eclectic, but there are always some great finds.

7. Nancy

Congratulations on the new house. Enjoy! It sounds wonderful. Hope the dogs enjoy the new residence as well. Will their walking paths change or will they still get to visit their favorite places?

Liked by 2 people

Thanks! The dogs are slowly getting used to the new place, and now that a lot of stuff has been moved from the cottage to the house, they’re a bit better. Every day walks are different, but there are some woods that we’ll still visit, only now it will be a 4 or 5 mile drive instead of a 1 mile drive….

8. Gary A Wilson

Hi Trent. Congrats on the progress made. I always love your photos of where you live. My few visits nearby have always been for work with little time to sit still and enjoy the view. Gotta stop doing that I think. Cheers!

Liked by 2 people

Thanks, Gary. This is a pretty part of the world here that deserves more than just a couple of days at a convention center in Boston ;) Hope you are doing well and are having a great weekend.

It was a lot of hard work, but it made a huge difference. It no longer looks abandoned, but like someone actually lives there, which might be why the neighbors finally said ‘hi’ ;) I hope you are having a great weekend :)

Liked by 2 people

This has been a very wet year, so I am taking all of the sunshine I can get! As you can see, since I am just getting back to you, it was a busy day! Hope you are having a good weekend.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )