Way back on the 7th of February, in honor of Charles Dickens’ birthday, Yvette Prior and myself decided to do a little challenge. We asked everyone to read the book “Little Dorrit” and do a post about it someplace around June 9, which is the other end of Dickens’ live, i.e., the day he passed away. We planned a drawing of a $25 Amazon gift card for people who took the challenge.
OK, OK, I have been remiss in this challenge! But it is still on. Yvette has recently posted about it. And yes, the $25 Amazon gift card is still being drawn!
All you have to do is read, attempt to read, try to read or skim or whatever Little Dorrit and write a post about it. Use the hashtag #Dickenschallenge and place a comemnt with the link on one of the Little Dorrit posts, such as this one, my original or any on Yvette’s blog (like this page).
You can start now, but the official challenge is from June 9 – June 13.
You can write anything at all about. Talk about the story. Talk about the politics. The humor. How long it is! How many words… The historical background. Anyway, here is a little bit copied from Yvette’s post:
- If you want to read (or skim) the book Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, then share a post about it on or around June 9th, which is the date of Dickens’ death. The last day to join in will be Sunday June 13th.
- If you want a free e-copy of this book – go here to Gutenberg Press
- If you do “not” want to post about it, you can also join us by commenting on any of the Little Dorrit posts – like this post today or over at Trent’s master Dorrit post here.
- If you CAN join us – use the hashtag #Dickenschallenge and have your post out by June 13th.
- AfterJune 13th, 2021 – we will announce the gift card winner and Trent and I will both post about the challenge on our blogs.
Hope you can join!
Note – if this is successful at all, we may try to do it every year. Show us that you want to continue by contributing!